Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Romance Game Should be a Game


Hello again,

Well, not a game of hiding who we really are as the cartoon suggests! It's a good idea to be honest about who we are and what we really like. In my post for the blog "Romance after 50" which you can click on from this page, I talked about making the Romance Game fun. And it should be. But not at the expense of the person you are dating. We also have to be honest with ourselves.

I remember dating a really nice man who was a publisher of a magazine as I was. But he was so boring. I did try to admire his writing and his publications. He had made a lot of money, far more than I had made or was making. After a few dates, I was busy when he called. But I did try to let him know what a nice person I thought he was. It never hurts to be nice.

If you can't be who you really are, then that relationship is doomed sooner or later.

I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Gloria

No comments: